Google is now requiring an app specific password be used to connect to Gmail while in the CoinOut app. See Why do I have to use an App Password to connect to Gmail when using CoinOut? for more information. Please note: You must use an app password. It is not possible to use 'Sign in with Google' to connect your Gmail account to CoinOut.
See below for a step-by-step guide to turning two-factor authorization on and creating an app specific password.
1. From the email connection screen, enter your Gmail email address you want to connect to your CoinOut account.
2. Enter the password you normally use to log into your Gmail account.
3. Enter your Gmail email address. (same as entered in step 1)
4. Enter the password you normally use to log into your Gmail account. (same as entered in step 2)
TO ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
5. If you do not have two-factor authentication set up on your Gmail account, you will need to enable it by tapping on 'Click Here to Enable'.
6. Enter your Gmail password.
7. This screen is to confirm the device(s) you want the two-factor authentication message sent to. If the device(s) information is correct, scroll down to the bottom and tap on 'Continue'.
8. This screen is to set up a backup option in case your device chosen in step 7 is unavailable.
Once done, tap on 'Send'.
9. Enter the confirmation code sent to the device chosen in step 7 and tap 'Next'.
10. Tap 'Turn On'.
TO SET UP AN APP SPECIFIC PASSWORD
11. Enter your Gmail password.
12. Tap on 'Select app'.
13. Choose 'Other (Custom name)'.
14. Type in CoinOut and tap 'Generate'.
Note: If you are unable to type the name, then as an alternative you can: Minimize the CoinOut app and go somewhere else on your device where you can type the word CoinOut (such as starting an email, in a notes app, etc.). Then copy what you have typed. Go back to the CoinOut app and paste it into the space where you were unable to type directly.
15. Copy the app password shown in the yellow box (tap inside the yellow box and hold until you get the copy command). Then tap 'DONE'.
16. Tap 'DONE'.
17. If you've copied the password, tap 'Yes'.
18. Paste the app password into the App password box (tap inside the password box and hold until you get the paste command) and tap 'Submit'.
19. When you see the Congratulations! screen, you have been successfully logged in using the app specific password. Tap 'Great!' and you're done.
Article is closed for comments.