To take a photo of a paper receipt:
1. Tap on the 'SCAN' button on the home screen of the app or 'Scan' on the bottom toolbar.
2. You may need to select 'OK' to enable permission to use the phone's camera while in the CoinOut app.
3. Please try placing the receipt on a flat surface without much coloring or images in the background. A dark solid colored background is best.
4. Make sure to take a clear picture of your receipt. The receipt should show:
- the name of the store
- date and time of purchase
- items purchased with pricing
- total bill amount
5. Align the receipt within the rectangular box.
6. If needed, please turn on the flash feature located on top of the scan screen.
7. Tap on 'Scan'.
8. Then tap on 'Retake' if you need to take a better photo or 'Submit' to submit the receipt for processing.
Article is closed for comments.